Monday 4 November 2013

The Best White Chocolate Fudge..Ever.

Rather than a cake, my lovely Pete made me white chocolate fudge. 
I'm in love with Granny Mac's fudge (Mt Tambourine Fudge) but I can say this fudge, was even better.

It's certainly not healthy, or vegan, but I had to share this sprinkle-covered baby all the same.



Ingredients
  • 400g Good quality white cooking chocolate, cut or broken into small pieces (2.4 blocks - oops!)
  • 250g Butter, chopped (1 stick butter)
  • 3 Cups icing sugar
  • 1/3 Cup cream
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • Sprinkles/Hundreds & Thousands 


Method
  • Place the chocolate, butter, sugar and cream into a saucepan over gentle heat
  • Stir continuously until all ingredients have melted and mixture is smooth, let simmer for one minute then remove from heat.
  • Beat using a hand held mixer for 3 minutes, then add vanilla essence
  • Pour mixture into a 20cm square cake pan lined with baking paper
  • Smooth surface & coat in sprinkles
  • Refrigerate until firm - this took around an hour, although we did hurry the process by popping it in to the freezer for about 30 minutes! So about 2 hours should be enough in the fridge.
  • Cut into small pieces & store in an air tight container in the fridge!

Note
  • In this recipe, Pete used Milkybar white chocolate
  • You could easily experiment with this recipe, perhaps using regular chocolate, baileys or caramel!
  • Please let me know how you go making this!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooo yummy Good on you Pete next time make enough for us at work please lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I'll be slaving him away to make more for everyone ;)

      Delete
  2. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Best Stand mixer

    ReplyDelete